Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Pair of Heart Socks

This is a pair of sock I'm going to attempt to knit for the month of November.
Each month I would like to knit at least one pair of socks with a least
one new stitch in them that I have never used.
In this pattern I'll be doing a (this is all one counted as one stitch in the pattern)
Sl1 (slip one stitch)
K2tog (knit 2 stitches together as one)
PSSO (pass slip stitch over *in this case the K2tog just knitted)
To someone who has never knitted or to the novice
this seem very confusing and difficult but
once tried it is rather simple.
If you would like the pattern it's a free
download, just click on the picture
above and it will open up to
a pdf.
Thanks to Donna Pye for sharing her
patterns with Ravely a knitting
community that I'm a member of.
** I've linked each abbreviation to a video to show you just how to do it correctly**
Here are a couple of more stitches that might be new to you.
ssk (slip, slip, knit)*go into the stitch as if to 'knit' then slip it off
yo ( yarn over)

No comments:

Post a Comment